Symptom(s): Your Mac operating system is sluggish and slow to respond even after you closed down all your programs and restarted the computer.
Resolution: This occurs on MAC Operating system because certain storage on the RAM wasn’t fully flushed. These storage files include:
- Speaker volume
- Screen resolution
- Startup disk selection
- Recent kernel panic information, if any
- Using multiple operating systems (i.e. Parallels)
Resetting NVRAM / PRAM
1. Shut down your Mac.
2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R.
3. Turn on the computer.
4. Press and hold the Command (⌘), Option-P, and R keys simultaneously before the gray screen appears.
5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
6. Release the keys.